Still exploring the beauty that is India? There are a few more sites to add to your list of India’s most beautiful beaches before you return to your homeland. White sandy beaches? Check! Crystal clear waters? Check! The only thing missing right now is you, so make sure you head towards one of these amazing Indian beaches for even more fun in between sightseeing tours throughout the country.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands
The islands of Andaman and Nicobar are some of the most beautiful and unique in all of India. Here you’ll find beaches that are relatively untouched by modern civilization – on tropical islands where commercial beach resorts and damaging crowds are very few and far between. These secluded islands will afford you a number of opportunities to relax in solitude or, if you choose, get to know some of the area’s colorful marine life.
Some of the most popular beaches on the islands include:
- Radhnagar & Vijaynagar Beach – This beach is perfect for environmentalists looking to enjoy nature in a completely unpolluted environment.
- Karmatang Beach – Karmatang Beach is a great destination for those who want to get close to some of the area’s wildlife. The turtle nesting ground here is fighting against tourism for survival.
- Corbyn’s Cove And Chirya Tapu – These beaches are perfect for vacationers looking for a place to simply kick back, enjoy the sun, and bathe in the picturesque sea.
The beaches at Guajarat sit along what is known as the longest coastline in India. Start your journey here with a trip to the beaches on the island of Diu where you’ll enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery on the west coast of India. Head back over to the mainland for over 1,600 kilometers (approximately 994 miles) of warm sandy beaches, cliffs, and wildlife.
Some Gujarat Beach favorites include:
- Ahmedpur Mandvi Beach – This incredible beach is a popular spot for locals, tourists, and fishermen. Here you’ll have the opportunity to either participate in a number of different water sports or visit with some of the area’s local wildlife.
- Somnath & Veraval Beach Â- The beaches at Somnath & Veraval are home to one of the area’s most famous temples. The beaches, while wonderful, are part of a very busy resort town and commercial fishermen spend a great deal of time here as well.
- Gopnath Beach - Gopnath Beach is perhaps the most popular Gujarat Beach, serving as the summer vacation home for the royal family. The beach is surrounded by amazing cliffs, is home to some distinct species of bird life, and will offer you some of the most amazing views of the coast you’ll ever lay your eyes on.
Family Beach Destinations
If you’re traveling with children you’ll want to make a special effort to find some of the area’s most family friendly beaches. While it’s easy to book a room in a resort hotel you will find that there are dozens of other cheap hotels in India, many of which are within walking distance of the coasts and their beaches.
Not sure where to start? Begin by exploring some of the beaches in Mumbai. Here you’ll find several popular beach resorts on Marine Drive, Juhu, and Chowpatty Beach. All are located in safe areas and are the perfect place for you and your family to enjoy the waters by day and take leisurely walks on the beach under the evening moonlight.
The beaches near Orissa, featured in the first part of our journey, are also great for families. The beaches at Puri and Konark will afford you and your family the opportunity to not only relax in the sun but to visit some of India’s most important temples as well.
No matter where along India’s coasts you end up you’re bound to find at least a handful of beaches to keep you occupied throughout your journey. Make sure you leave some time in your busy schedule to relax and enjoy some of the beautiful coastlines Mother Nature has to offer in India!